ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a Video/Photo intern to help increase our output of content and assist on photo shoots/studio life. This candidate will have a passion for photography and videography and must have significant knowledge of gear, lighting, and editing software/tools. We need someone to help produce YouTube and social media content while assisting with studio tasks such as gear organization, assisting on photo shoots, video editing, and more.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Work with the Tony Roslund Photography + Motion team on a variety of projects that include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Film short videos - both on location and in studio - for our digital channels, including YouTube, Instagram, and more - This includes setting up lighting and recording audio as needed.
• Edit and publish videos to YouTube/Vimeo, social media channels, and our website.
• Capture and post behind-the-scene shots during photo projects.
• Light editing and retouching of images.
• Organize digital assets and editing library – prepare and catalog footage to ensure the best photos and videos are readily accessible & searchable for the team.
• Assist on photo shoots - both on location and in studio - carrying equipment, changing batteries, backing up projects, moving and adjusting lighting, staging furniture, and more.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Candidates must have a high school diploma. Other qualifications include:
• Proficient with FCPX
• Videography/Photography/Design experience demonstrated via websites/blogs/portfolio
• Video post-production skills: video titles, lower-thirds, and some motion graphics
• Experience with Lightroom and Photoshop
• Illustrator/Design experience a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic atmosphere and take direction
• Strong communications skills
• Highly organized; keen attention to detail
• Dependable, punctual, and resourceful
• Four-letter words don’t scare you
Intern position starts as minimum wage position for summer/fall 2018 with potential for future part or fill time employment at a commensurate compensation. Our best interns were hired us full-time employees for several years before moving on to pursue their own photography careers.
ABOUT TONY ROSLUND PHOTOGRAPHY + MOTION
Tony is a third generation photographer with an emphasis in architectural photography. Tony is known worldwide not only as a photographer, but also as a photography educator, thanks to his top-selling tutorials, workshops, and YouTube content.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.